[il-talk] AMC accessibility

Kelly Pierce kellytalk at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:14:20 UTC 2012

Dear janny and Jemal,

The schedule  from the settlement agreement is pasted below.  the
initial roll out of the new AMC access technology will be in the
Chicago area. At the time of the press conference, the AMC Randhurst
as well as River East were fully installed. Equipment was delivered
and waiting instillation at the AMC on north Michigan Avenue. By June
1, according to the agreement, the AMC theater in Cicero will be 100
percent accessible.  By December 1, 50 percent of auditoriums in
Illinois will have the accessible technology, including all of the
auditoriums at Machesney Park 14, which is in a suburb of Rockford.
for those outside the Chicago area, keep checking at your local
theater because access may be arriving in the next few months.

Kelly

 AMC hereby agrees to the following schedule for the installation of
captioning and audio description technology in its theaters in
Illinois.  Outside of the specific requirements set forth, AMC shall
use commercially reasonable efforts deploy the technology in a
geographically diverse manner to provide maximum access to the
technology.
a.	AMC River East will have all auditoriums will have captioning and
audio description technology installed by April 1, 2012;
b.	25% of AMC’s digital auditoriums in Illinois, including all
auditoriums at Cicero 14will have captioning and audio description
technology installed by June 1, 2012;
c.	50% of AMC’s digital auditoriums in Illinois, including all
auditoriums at Springfield 12, Machesney Park 14 and Quincy 6, four
auditoriums at Carbondale 8, and 2 auditoriums each at Mattoon 10,
Village Mall 6, Galesburg 8, Illinois Centre 8, Mt Vernon 8, Pekin 14,
and Edwardsville 12   will have captioning and audio description
technology installed by December 1, 2012;
d.	100% of AMC’s digital auditoriums in Illinois will have captioning
and audio description technology installed by April 1, 2014;