[il-talk] Voting Adventure

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Tue Nov 6 17:58:27 UTC 2012

I just cast my vote, using the audio equipment at my polling place.  The
poll workers were very patient and pleasant, but they had no idea how to
operate the audio equipment.  They called downtown and after quite a wait
got hold of someone who walked them through it.  It still didn't work - the
card kept popping out when it was inserted.  They tried calling the Voting
Hotline at the National Center in Baltimore, but couldn't get through to
anyone there.  Finally someone downtown suggested they re-boot the machine.
Voila!  It worked perfectly from then on, but all of the searching aroundfor
solutions took forty minutes.  They admitted they had had no training on the
audio equipment.

The last few times I voted things went much more smoothly than they did
today.  The final outcome this morning was positive, but it shouldn't have
been such an ordeal!

Debbie