[il-talk] New I Phone user

Nikki daizies304 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 04:57:37 UTC 2013

    Thanks Leslie. I hope I don't give up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Hamric
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:43 PM
To: NFB of Illinois Mailing List
Subject: Re: [il-talk] New I Phone user

Oh absolutely. I'm totally blind and I use my iPhone constantly. It's a
learning curve because you're dealing with the touch screen and various
gestures. But you'll get the hang of it. The power button is on the upper
right corner of the iPhone. It's near the top edge. You want to make sure
you have your home button at 6 o'clock. Your home button is around button.
If you push the power button once, you're now on the screen where it
displays the time and the date and open camera and unlock button. Swipe
right to get to your unlock button. Another thing you can do is feel up from
the lower right corner of your screen with your middle finger. Go vertically
up the right and the right above your open camera button is your lock
button. Once you find your lock button. Double tap on it. This means tap
Twice  really  quickly. If you go to www.blindcoldtech.com,z you will find
podcasts related to the iPhone and using it. There are a bunch of us un list
iPhonewho are  users. You can also get one-on-one lessons at your local
Apple Store. Z and I also believe that Hadley has a number of podcasts I'm
using the iPhone. Utilize your resources and whatever you do, don't give up.
You will get the hang of the iPhone. And one day you will be very confident
with it just like a lot of us on the list are. Good luck.

Leslie

Sent from my iPhone