[il-talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 30 10:36:27 UTC 2013

Hello and Happy New Year.

The National federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will meet
on Saturday, January 11 at the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South
Wabash in Chicago.

As is generally the case, the meeting will begin at 1:00 P.  M>  From time
to time, we feature something on Federation Philosophy, or perhaps a
presentation from a National convention.  This month, we will all learn why
it is so essential to pass HR831, the bill which will guarantee disabled
workers the same minimum wages as those enjoyed by the rest of society.
Sheila Leland gave an extremely articulate and powerful presentation of her
experience working with Good Will at the convention last year.  It is a must
listen for all Federationists.  We will also hear about what is happening
nationally and across the state.

Finally, following the meeting, we will have our annual Games Night from
4:00 to 8:00 P.M.  This will also be at Exchequer.  In order to come to this
event, you must make reservations on or before January 1, 2014.  We need to
turn in a count to Exchequer by the end of this week.  Please make your
reservations with David Meyer by phone at 7 0 8-6 0 6-7 0 9 1, or email him
at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

The cost for this event is $25 which can be paid at the door.  Once you have
made a reservation for games night, you will be required to pay the $25
admissions fee whether you attend or not.  Your admission entitles you to
pizza, sallad and unlimited soda.  There will be plenty of opportunity to
play games, get to know each other, and enjoy some of the best pizza Chicago
has to offer.

If you have any questions, please contact David Meyer at 7 0 8-6 0 6-7 0 9
1.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and channel administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President