[il-talk] Thanks

Bruce C. Paul brucecpaul at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 13:39:58 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to apologize for not being able to attend National Convention this year.  I wanted to apologize because recently I realized what a supportive community you all have been for me.  For my part, I try to help as much as I can, I hope I can continue to help if I start working again.

I also wanted to apologize because you all have been supportive even while I went through the worst experience of my life, the loss of my mother.  None of my other social networks did anything to help me through this very "ordinary" transition.  As I might have mentioned before, none of my current social networks outside of the Children's Museum has given me the space and time to heal like this one.  I'm currently reading Joan Didion's book about the experience of suddenly losing her husband.  It has given me the ability to see my loss a bit more impartially.  I wondered if anyone on the list had read any other books from the Library of Congress that helped them see the "ordinariness" of a personal tragedy?

Your fellow Federationist,
bcp