[il-talk] Shopping Certificate order

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 24 18:37:56 UTC 2013

Hello Colleagues,

Dave Meyer has requested I pass along the following regarding our
Shopping Certificate program:

Over three weeks ago, Dave's computer turned into something no more
functional than a door stop. He continues efforts to locate, purchase
and/or configure a new one. Meanwhile, he is very much offline, and has
no way to access his email, including any email he may have received in
the past. He also is unable to post information to Newsline's
information channel. For reasons unrelated to his computer, he and
Teresa will be unable to attend convention.

For those new to the list, Dave coordinates the Shopping Certificate
program, a program under which we purchase certificates/gift cards
redeemable through the restaurants/merchants named on the card. The NFBI
purchases them at a discount; and we buy them at face value, thus
allowing the NFBI to receive the discount percentage. Our December
order, which must take place in November this year, is normally our
biggest, as people often purchase these certificates as Christmas gifts.

Since Dave is offline and will not be at convention, the only way to
pass along your order will be to contact him. Please call Dave at (708)
606-7091 and let him know what you would like. Please do this even if
you have previously emailed him that information.

Dave plans to have these certificates available by the Saturday November
9 chapter Meeting. He will need them by the previous Sunday, November 3.
I know he would appreciate them even earlier, as he will have to process
them the old fashion way.

Let's do our part in helping Dave make this fund raiser the great
success it has been.

Cordially,
Bill Reif