[il-talk] Fwd: Chicago Office Visit

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:32:48 UTC 2014

Follow-up visits are very effective. Special thanks to Robert Hansen and Denise Avant for making this visit.

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Levar, Mary Ann" <maryann.Levar at mail.house.gov>
Date: April 3, 2014 at 5:11:01 PM CDT
To: 'denise avant' <davant1958 at gmail.com>
Cc: "jhartle at nfb.org" <jhartle at nfb.org>, Lauren McLarney <LMcLarney at nfb.org>, "rsloan at nfb.org" <rsloan at nfb.org>, Patti Chang <pattischang at gmail.com>, Annette Grove <annette.grove at goodwill.org>, Rovert Gardner <rgardner4 at gmail.com>, Glenn Moore <gmoore3rd at gmail.com>, "Robert A. Hansen" <roberthansen33 at yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Chicago Office Visit

Dear Denise,
I  would like to share some good news!
Yesterday, Congressman Quigley signed onto H.R. 3505.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Levar
Office of Congressman Mike Quigley

Thank you very much for meeting with Robert Hansen and I  on yesterday regarding Hr3505, the TEAch Act, and S556, the Aircraft Carrier Accessibility Amendments Act. We of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois appreciate Congressman Quigley's support over the years, including his support of HR831, the Fair Wages For Workers With Disabilities Act. We certainly hope he will co-sponsor the TEach bill, and the aircraft  legislation when it reaches the House. I will contact you in a few weeks regarding these important legislative initiatives. I am sure that members of our legislative team at the national level will be in touch with the congressman's  Washington D.C. office. The contact information for the people handling these bills in the NFB's Baltimore office is at the end of the fact sheets I left with you.

Sincerely,

Denise R. Avant
1st Vice President
National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois
(773)-991-8050