[il-talk] JAWS Question

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 01:17:49 UTC 2014

The other replies you're getting about going to the control panel will work,
but there's usually a quicker way on laptops.

I have two laptops, an Asus and a Dell.  On the bottom row of keys, on both
laptops, there is a "function" key in the keys to the left of the space bar.
On both laptops, the left-most key is the control key, and the one just to
the right of it is the function key.

So on the Dell, to raise the volume, you hit "function-page up."  To lower
the volume, you hit "function-page down."

On the Asus, to raise the voulume, you hit "function-F12."  To lower the
volume, you hit "function-F11."

If you have another brand of laptop, an HP or Toshiba or something, those
combinations above might not work.  But surely, there must be some similar
combination that will work.

Bob