[il-talk] 4iThumbs overlay adds a tactile keyboard to your iPhone... sorta (video)

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Sat Jan 18 18:31:36 UTC 2014

Nicki,

I agree with you on that. I too find it very annoying when I have to compete with Voice Over when I am on the phone. I have yet to find a good solution for that. I can say that Apple is working on new VO functionality in iOS 7.1 and 7.2.

Apple has a feedback site that anyone can post a suggestion. If enough people as for a feature or if that feature request is well written it has a very good likelihood of getting incorporated as an enhancement to iOS (the iPhone operating system) or the iPhone hardware or firmware (software that lets iOS talk to the actual iPhone hardware).

The main Apple feedback page can be found at this URL: http://www.apple.com/feedback/.

The iPhone feedback page is located here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html.

On Jan 17, 2014, at 22:23 CST, Nikki <daizies304 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but I’m not really interested in tactle layouts for my phone. I prefer the keyboard on the phone, but interested in the keyboard for easier navagation, if possible. If I didn’t have all the extra apps, I don’t think I’d need a keyboard. There’s just too much crap I don’t need .... like, “Pass book, stocks, maps, games, Siri, etc. I don’t understand When a person goes to buy an Iphone, why they can’t just personalize the phone. I don’t even use half of the stuff and it’s just in my way. Ugh! Anyway ... I’ve gotten really good at texting. I think I can make a call, but don’t know how to hang up unless I wait until the other person hangs up first, but don’t know how to answer. I mean, how are you supposed to hear voice over when the phone is ringing. It talks soft.

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com