[il-talk] NFB Washington Seminar 2014

Denise Avant dravant at ameritech.net
Fri Jan 31 12:21:02 UTC 2014

Hello all,
Yes, Glenn, you are right. Rep. Schakowsky did make an oral commitment to the TEACH act. I apologize for the oversight. And Rose Sloan will be following up. But it will be up to all of us to followup until Rep. Schakowsky actually signs on as a co-sponsor.
By the way, we do have co-sponsors on HR831 the Fair Wages Bill. Rep. Quigley and Rep. Rush were co-sponsors before we left for Washington. Now it is time to take advantage of the bounce out of the seminar, and get more co-sponsors on HR831, and the newer bills as well. I should say that S556, the Air Carrier Accessibility Technology Act is a senate bill. So, we will need to get a House bill, and of course, we want to get as many people from our congressional delegation to sign on as co-sponsors.

Denise Avant
dravant at ameritech.net

P.S.  Please give to the National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Annual
Appeal by sending your tax deductible donation to NFBI c/o Glenn Moore III,
Treasurer P.O. Box 1065 Elgin, IL 60121.