[il-talk] NFB Washington Seminar 2014

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 13:04:09 UTC 2014

Hello Federation Family,

Thank you, Denise, for your kind words.  As I told Steve earlier this week,
I would not be where I am today if it weren't for you guys.  Thank YOU.

I want to reiterate the importance of following up.  If at all possible,
please email the appropriate legislative aide from your district.  I would
email them ASAP to say thank you, and then I would email them in a few
weeks to ask them if Congressman/woman ________ is going to sign on to the
bills.  It's important to make the ask.  Please cc me on any
correspondence.  (Rsloan at nfb.org).

Bob or Glenn: Can you email the Il-talk list serve the list of
Reps/Senators and the person we met with or the appropriate person to
follow up with?  This way, everyone will have the information they need.

I also want to say, it was a pleasure working with all of you.  I had the
honor of participating in meetings with everyone from Illinois who came
(except Bob, sad face.)  I felt like I picked up right where I left off
last year... for those of you who couldn't attend Washington Seminar, on
Wednesday, I attended 4 Illinois appointments.

If you have any questions about federal legislative stuff, please, do not
hesitate to reach out to me.

You all Rock.

Love,

Rose

PS Jan Schakowsky is on Space Available now.  Hurray!!  And she will be on
TEACH, I am almost certain. I will let you all know when it's official.