[il-talk] microsoft office and adobe

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:34:15 UTC 2014

Ok, Rob,
if you uninstalled Office, you can either reinstall it from disk
contact Microsoft and they may be able to email you a fresh copy if they
verify you have a licence aggreement (ie: you can demonstrate that you
bought office)
or maybe get it from system restore (but I think that only applies to
system configurations, not independent applications that were deleted)
I guess another way is to use an uninstaller like DiskInternals uneraser to
recover the deleted file (since it may not have been overwritten yet)
Also, if you look for office and don't find it, it may be gone, but if you
open an office document (like a spreadsheet) and it opens, then office is
not unistalled (you can enter a different user account on your pc, and see
if you can open an office document, it may just be settings in the
registry, that won't find office, but other user accounts have different
registry keys)

Oh, and with flash; uninstall flash completely, go to adobe's website (no
other site) and reinstall it. if you still get messages to install after
that, it is probably a website trying to trick you into installing a third
party flash extension that you don't need (other than for that site)

sorry for all the tech stuff folks.

-Glenn III