[il-talk] Please Write Senator Durbin/Members of Congress Contact Info

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:01:13 UTC 2014

Hi NFBi,

Yesterday, the Federal Legislation committee had a conference call, and it
was requested that I post the contact information for the Illinois Members
of Congress.

Contacting your Members of Congress is very important.  They will never
sign on to our bills if their constituents (us!) don't tell them that we
want them to.  Thank you to those who have already contacted their Reps!  I
know of at least 9 people who did so.  When you contact them, please cc me
on the emails.  Rsloan at nfb.org.  Thanks!

Yesterday, Anil and I had a meeting with Senator Durbin's office.  As a
result of this meeting, we are asking that you, (and anyone you know from
Illinois!) to please write letters specifically to Senator Durbin.  We
would really like him to be the sponsor of the Fair Wages bill in the
Senate.  Trevor is a great staffer who understands this issue.  Send him
emails expressing your support for Fair Wages at
trevor_reuschel at durbin.senate.gov.

Below are some talking points about Fair Wages, but also please feel free
to concentrate on your favorite points from my recent blog post 10 Reasons
why you should support HR 831:
https://nfb.org/blog/vonb-blog/ten-reasons-why-you-should-support-fair-wages-workers-disabilities-act-hr-831.

·

HHere are some additional talking points:

There are over 400,000 people with disabilities being paid less than the
federal minimum wage, some as low as pennies per hour.

·         The seventy-five year old sheltered segregated subminimum-wage
workshop model is not the solution; it only exacerbates the outrageous
unemployment rate of over seventy percent for workers with disabilities.

·

·         The Employment First strategies of Customized Employment and the
Discovery Process are effectively providing training and support for
individuals with significant disabilities to earn competitive wages in
community integrated employment environments.

·         These new models are proven to be less costly, produce better
employment outcomes, and help individuals exit the rolls of public
assistance.
Entities that formerly operated as sheltered segregated workshops are
successfully transitioning to competitive integrated models of training and
employment for people with significant disabilities.

#######

Finally, as promised, here is the contact info for the Illinois Members of
Congress.  These are the staffer we met with in DC during Washington
Seminar, or the contact information that was retrieved through business
cards from Washington Seminar.  If you need any additional contact
information, please feel free to reach to me.

Representative: Adam Kinzinger (R)

202-225-3635

Michael: Michael.Essington at mail.house.gov (Fair Wages)

Patrick: Patrick.Ptak at mail.house.gov (TEACH)
Josh: Josh.Baggett at mail.house.gov (Air Carrier Amendments Act)

Representative: Randy Hultgren (R)

202-225-2976

Scott Luginbill: Scott.Luginbill at mail.house.gov<Scott.Lunginbill at mail.house.gov>

Representative: William Enyart (D)

(202) 225-5661

Stu Megaw: (Stu.Megaw at mail.house.gov)

CO-SPONSOR OF FAIR WAGES.

Representative: Mike Quigley (D)

(202) 225-4061

Shira: Shira.Siegel at mail.house.gov (TEACH)

Joseph: Joseph.Bushong at mail.house.gov (Air Carrier Amendments Act)

CO-SPONSOR OF FAIR WAGES

Representative: Rodney Davis (R)

(202) 225-2371

Frank Santana: frank.santana at mail.house.gov (Fair Wages)
Ashley Phelps: Ashley.Phelps at mail.house.gov (TEACH)

Representative: Brad Schneider (D)

(202) 225-4835

Cara: Cara.Toman at mail.house.gov

Representative: Dan Lipinski (D)

(202) 225-5701

Brian: Brian.Oszakiewski at mail.house.gov

Representative: Tammy Duckworth (D)

(202) 225-3711

Kalina: Kalina.Bakalov at mail.house.gov

Representative: Aaron Schock (R)

202-225-6201

Margie: Margie.almanza at mail.house.gov

Representative: Cheri Bustos (D)

202-225-5905

Lyron Blum-Evitts: Lyron.Blum-Evits at mail.house.gov

Representative: John Shimkus (R)

202-225-5271
Jim Goldenstein: jim.goldenstein at mail.house.gov

Representative: Bobby Rush (D)

202.225.4372

Lenette: Lenette.Meyers at mail.house.gov (TEACH)

Stanley: Stanley.Watkins at mail.house.gov (Air Carrier Ammendments Act)

CO-SPONSOR OF FAIR WAGES

Representative: Bill Foster (D)

(202) 225-3515

Amy Kelbick: Amy.Kelbick. at mail.house.gov

Representative: Jan Schakowsky (D)

(202) 225-2111

Waverly Gordon: Waverly.Gordon at mail.house.gov

Representative: Robin Kelly (D)

202.225.0773

Aimee Ramirez: Aimee.Ramirez at mail.house.gov

CO-SPONSOR OF FAIR WAGES

Representative: Danny Davis (D)

(202) 225-5006

Lavell Brown: Lavell.Brown at mail.house.gov (Fair Wages, Air Carrier
Amendment Act)

Jill: Jill.Hunter-Williams at mail.house.gov  (TEACH)

Representative: Peter Roskam (R)

(202) 225-4561

Luke Hatzis: Luke.Hatzis at mail.house.gov

Representative: Luis V. Gutiérrez (D)

(202) 225-8203

Anthony: Anthony.Espinoza at mail.house.gov

Senator: Mark Kirk (R)

(202)224-2854

Cade Clurman: Cade_Clurman at Kirk.Senate.Gov

Senator: Dick Durbin (D)

202-224-2152

Binta: Binta_Beard at Durbin.Senate.gov

Trevor: trevor_reuschel at durbin.senate.gov (Fair Wages)