[il-talk] it's a beautiful day for baseball

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 31 17:19:13 UTC 2014

Hello again everybody!  As that venerable voice of both Chicago baseball
teams would proclaim in days gone by, "It's a beautiful day for baseball!"

As we find ourselves at opening day for both Chicago baseball teams, we can
contemplate another day which should be a beautiful day for baseball and a
beautiful day to help the Chicago Chapter.  The date is August 2, (first
Saturday in August.)  The game is the White Sox VS the Minnesota Twins, same
as today.

You can help the Chicago Chapter by purchasing tickets for the affore
mentioned game.  Price per ticket is $25, same as last year, and as low a
price as we have had in about 10 years.  As an added bonus, since the game
is a Saturday night game, you will be treated to a fireworks show following
the fireworks of baseball.

For those of you who are Sox fans, it matters little how either Chicago or
Minnesota are doing during the regular season.  There is a strong rivalry
between these two interdivision rivals, and the games between them are
generally quite exciting, if not artistic.

We are setting a deadline for Saturday, May 10, the day of the May chapter
meeting for all orders.  Since we need to place our orders quite early,
orders cannot and will not be accepted after the above mentioned date.
Please place your orders with David Meyer by phone at 708-606-7091 or via
email at datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and channel administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President