[il-talk] IL Election Results so far

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 11:17:25 UTC 2014

Hi folks, E minus 3 days, since we went to the polls, and since I finished
my 16 hour duty as a judge of elections.  I'm sure you have heard lots of
news about the election results, but I thought I'd summarize what Bing has
compiled (from the Associated Press) to date
(changed seats are noted with an asterisk):

Federal Senate: Dick Durbin
(FYI, Mark Kirk was not up for election this time)

Fed House district 1: Bobby Rush (D)
District 2: Robin Kelly (D)
D3: Dan Lipinski
D4: Luis Gutierrez
5 Mike Quigley
6 Peter Roskam
7 Danny Davis
8 Tammy Duckworth (That's my district)
9 Jan Schakowsky
*10 Robert Dold (this is a change from Brad Schneider)
11 Bill foster
*12 Mike Bost (R) (Bill Enyart lost)
13 Rodney Davis
14 Randy Hultgren
15 John Shimkus
16 Adam Kinzinger
17 Cheri Bustos
18 Aaron Schock

State Governor: Bruce Rauner (R)

so, Robert Dold, Mike Bost, and Bruce Rauner are the 3 changes confirmed so
far.

Sorry, i don't want to add all the state races, there are 59 IL Senators
(which it looks like their counts have not been finalized yet), and 118 IL
House members (71 Dem, 47 Rep) so...

hope that's edifying for anyone interested
-Glenn III