[il-talk] Braille Is Beautiful

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Sun Sep 7 18:58:45 UTC 2014

For more than ten years, Braille Is Beautiful has been one of the highlights
of our NFB of Illinois convention.  Each year a number of our members read
aloud a short play, complete with music and sound effects.  We started
Braille Is Beautiful because we wanted to demonstrate that Braille need not
be slow and laborious but can be read fluently and with flair.  Over the
years, this event has also become an opportunity for those who are recent
Braille users to celebrate what they have learned.

Whether you're a lifelong Braille reader or someone who just mastered the
code last summer, there's a role for you in this year's performance.  There
are plenty of parts, large and small, so there's a place for anyone who
would like to participate.  Scripts will be available in hardcopy or
electronic formats, and we will hold two rehearsals via conference call
prior to curtain time at convention.  It's a lot of fun!  You can check out
some of our past performances at www.nfbofillinois.org under Convention
Audio.  If you would like to take part or to learn more about what's
involved, please contact me off list.

Debbie Stein
dkent5817 at att.net
773-203-1394