[il-talk] Braille Is Beautiful

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Sep 15 17:28:27 UTC 2014

Braille Is Beautiful is one of the highlights of our annual NFBI convention.
Readers present a Braille script as a dramatic performance, complete with
music and sound effects.  If you read Braille, there is a role for you in
this year's show.  If you are a fluent Braille reader, you can demonstrate
that Braille can be read with dramatic flair.  If you have recently mastered
the code, your participation will inspire others by showing that Braille can
be learned at any age.  This is a chance for you to let your inner ham take
the stage!

Readers may use hardcopy Braille or electronic scripts (reading from a
BrailleNote or other device).  We will have two rehearsals via conference
call prior to convention.  If you would like to read in Braille Is Beautiful
this year, or if you have questions about how it all works, please contact
me off line.  Don't be shy!  Please join us!  It's a lot of fun!

Debbie Stein
dkent5817 at att.net
773-203-1394

---