[il-talk] Amazon Smile

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Sat Feb 21 04:11:44 UTC 2015

Yesterday I got a note from Amazon Smile, informing us that the NFB of
Illinois received a payment of $22.27 for the period October 1 to December
31.  That doesn't sound like a lot of money, but it's three times what we
earned in the period from June 1 to September 30.  This fund-raiser is
gaining momentum, and we need to keep it moving in this positive direction.
If you haven't signed up on Amazon Smile yet, please do so straight away.
I'm attaching our Amazon Smile flier with the sign-up instructions, and
after you sign up yourself, you can send the flier to all of your friends
and relations.  Once you've signed up and made National Federation of the
Blind of Illinois your charity of choice, remember to go to that site
whenever you make an Amazon purchase.  Unless you go to www.amazon.org/smile
<http://www.amazon.org/smile> , the NFBI will not receive our percentage
from your Amazon purchases.  On the other hand, if you do all of your Amazon
shopping at www.amazon.org/smile <http://www.amazon.org/smile> , money will
keep flowing into our treasury.  Let's see if we can double our earnings in
the payment period that runs from January 1 to March 31.

Debbie S.

---