[il-talk] Proving your blindness

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 20:42:38 UTC 2016

For me, a guy who once couldn't do much of anything for himself, then went
through blindness training and learned he could do just about anything, I
feel I'm proving that I can do things all the time. If I go out on a walk or
travel on the bus, part of that experience is proving to myself I can do it.
If someone says, "Can I help you with xxx," my basic reaction is I'm going
to prove to that person I can do it myself. Maybe I have an attitude, but
that's me. And I've been told those who've gone through an NFB training
center come out with an attitude. All in all, I think it's a healthy
attitude for a blind person.

Bob Gardner