[il-talk] Everybody, Just Slow Down!

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:47:10 UTC 2016

I started out the day finding out Freedom Scientific had become VFO Corp.
Then, GW Micro, the makers of Window-Eyes, who had become something else (I
never did have time to really learn the name of the new company) had also
morphed into a part of the VFO Corporation. Apparently, VFO is like some
kind of irradiated amoeba, growing and spreading, eventually engulfing the
entire accessible world.

Then this afternoon, I started reading a Braille advertisement sent to me by
National Braille Press. I knew my head was tired from the earlier assaults
from the news from the accessible world, but I was having problems reading
the Braille. Then it hit me. My God, the little catalog from NBP was in UEB!
That is, it was in the new Unified English Braille code. Good grief, that's
actually showing up on my doorstep already!

Oh well, time to get cleaned up and go out for dinner. I'm trying to think
of a good place for Margaritas. I'll have one for you, too. We both need
one. Or two.

Bob Gardner