[il-talk] FW: DECLARE INDEPENDENCE WITH TOOLS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 28 17:32:11 UTC 2016

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.org]
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:59 AM
To: David Meyer
Subject: DECLARE INDEPENDENCE WITH TOOLS TO LIVE YOUR LIFE

Declare your independence with NFB-NEWSLINE and KNFB Reader! NFB-NEWSLINE
offers independence with the addition of USA Jobs and enhanced Target ads,
and KNFB Reader helps with life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness with
our Independence Sale. This July 1-7, 2016, KNFB Reader will be on sale for
$64.99 USD.

Here are some comments from KNFB Reader users about how KNFB Reader helps
them live the lives they want, independently:

"I love the fact that I can read my children's school reports."

"Today I used KNFB Reader to read the PIN on a new credit card."

"I like that I can adapt it to my needs, rather than try to adapt my
workflow to KNFB Reader. I'm able to access image-based material either sent
electronically or by taking a picture, which has definitely improved my
productivity. I wouldn't trade this app for anything. If you're blind and
work for a living, buying this is a no-brainer."

"Because of the app I can now troubleshoot things on my computer when the
screen reader is frozen. I can read the screen of a television in case of a
cable programming error."

"I can read the directions of my brownie mix."

"I use it to read restaurant menus. I tell people, it's like having eyes in
your pocket."

KNFB Reader: take a photo, the app reads the print aloud. It has automatic
text detection, tilt guidance and a field of view report that helps the
blind user get the best photo. Users can even scan multiple pages in batch
mode, and if desired, can save files to DropBox and refer to them later.
Also compatible with connected Braille displays.

To learn more about KNFB Reader, visit www.knfbreader.com. The app will be
available for $64.99 USD from July 1-7, 2016. Available in the iTunes and
Google Play stores for iOS and Android. Know someone who might be interested
in KNFB Reader? Please forward this message to co-workers, customers, and
email lists.

You can now declare your independence with USA Jobs on NFB-NEWSLINE. Now in
addition to NFB-NEWSLINE's existing job listings, subscribers can set up
profiles to include opportunities offered by USAJOBS.gov. Using the job
listings feature of the NFB-NEWSLINE service, subscribers can set up the
search profile and customize the search by radius from a zip code, category,
salary range, and can even include a specific search phrase such as "entry
level" or "benefits."

USAJOBS.gov is a free web-based job board enabling federal job seekers
access to thousands of job opportunities across hundreds of federal agencies
and organizations, providing public notice for federal employment
opportunities. As the federal government's official source for federal job
listings and employment opportunity information, USAJOBS.gov provides a
variety of opportunities.

Subscribers can set up multiple profiles (for example, searching in several
different geographical areas, or searching for more than one type of
employment). They also have the capability to email job listings to their
email inbox.

Additionally, you can shop more independently with NFB-NEWSLINE's new and
improved Target Ads.

The ads are deeply detailed with product names, prices, colors, sizes, and
brief descriptions as well as extremely detailed full descriptions. Now
subscribers are receiving all the information available in the print ads.
These detailed descriptions include information such as product dimensions,
materials and washing instructions on clothing, age range and hazards on
children's toys, compatibility and warranty information on electronics,
storage and allergen content on foods.

The ads are now divided by pages instead of sections, and can be navigated
by these pages. Target ads are easy to navigate, you can read as much or as
little about each product as you choose.

Want to build a shopping list? Or read more detail later? Simply email
yourself the product description.

We hope you enjoy your independence with these valuable tools!

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

NFB-NEWSLINE, A service of the National Federation of the Blind

Make the print yours with KNFB Reader www.nfb.org/knfbreader

blindness is not what holds you back.