[il-talk] Passing of Annette Grove--Transit info from Chicago to Belleville

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Wed May 17 06:47:19 UTC 2017

For any from Chicago wishing to attend Annette Grove's visitation or
funeral, here is some transit info.
Please correct me if you know of anything here to be incorrect.

The nearest Amtrak station to Belleville is the
STL Saint Louis Station--a little over 10 miles from Belleville (and nearer
than the Alton IL station, which the train also stops at first).
[ https://tickets.amtrak.com/html/stations_MO.html ]
The train would be either the Lincoln Service or Texas Eagle.
[IL Service (including Lincoln Service)
https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=am/AM_Snippet_C/IBRoutes&Route=Lincoln%20Service
]
[Texas Eagle
https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=am/AM_Snippet_C/IBRoutes&Route=Texas%20Eagle
]
The earliest train Saturday (301 Lincoln Service) leaves Chicago 7am, has a
bus transfer and arrives at St. Louis 1:20pm.

Megabus only seems to have one daily departure/return between Chicago and
St Louis, which wouldn't work for the funerary arrangements' times.

Greyhound has a 1:30am to 6:40 am bus Chicago to St. Louis
but only and a St Louis to Chicago return of 2pm to 8pm
or a 7:20pm Saturday to 1:45 am Sunday bus.

I was really hoping there was a transit option that I could use, but I
don't think the Greyhound return can work for me. Still, I wanted to share
for anyone for whom this is useful.
Regardless, I send my love and regrets. I will miss Annette very much.
Annette was a wise, caring and generous person, whom this world needed
while we were fortunate to have her with us. I wish I'd been able to spend
time and talk with here more in these past and now last few years, though,
I take some solace, with faith, that we will meet again one day.

-Glenn Moore III