[il-talk] fulfill a need, you only have to read

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Thu Nov 9 23:53:22 UTC 2017

Hello Everyone,
Throughout our lives, we are told that there is nothing like curling up
to a good book. And, with the holiday season fast approaching, Saturday
might be the perfect time to do just that. Sounds great, doesn't it!
Well, the Chicago chapter can offer an even better opportunity for you.
All you need to do is come to Exchequer between 1:00 and 4:00 P.M.,
bring a book, read it and find people who will pay you to do it.
Of course, there is something of a tradeoff. The money you collect will
go to fund the Chicago Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind
of Illinois.
On a more serious note, this has been a very active year for us
politically and because of this, a strong showing in Washington is
anticipated from the Chicago Chapter. With this in mind, the Board has
authorized that upto $2,000 may be spent toward our Washington efforts.
An effort of this magnitude takes a commitment from all chapter
members. So, come on down with $10 and enjoy a good book. Better yet,
find someone to sponsor you for $10 or more, and your participation fee
will be waved. Finally, if you cannot actively participate for any
reason and you wish to contribute toward the efort of raising funds for
Washington, please email me or call me. I am looking for sponsors,
especially from the Chicago Chapter. Anything you can do to help would
be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you on Saturday or hear from you via email or phone by that
time. I can be reached at 708-606-7091.
Like Earnest and Julio Gallow before them, the Chicago Chapter
appreciates your support.