[il-talk] Hubby starts Hospice at home.

Robert Hansen hansen.robert70 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 21:46:32 UTC 2017

Let us know if you ever need anything. And this has to be a tough time for
you.

Sincerely
Robert A. Hansen
hansen.robert70 at gmail.com

On Nov 27, 2017 2:20 PM, "Leslie Hamric via IL-Talk" <il-talk at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

hi Linda. Please know that all the Hamric‘s are praying for you. please let
us know how we can help.Leslie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 27, 2017, at 5:49 AM, Lin H. via IL-Talk <il-talk at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

> Hello my Federation Family.
> It is with great sadness that I have to tell you all that the doctors
can’t do anything more for Tom.    I may have had said before that he can’t
have a biopsy, Keemo or anything invasive to treat him.    They think, but
are not completely sure that those Nodules in his lung  may be Cancer.
So, we signed on with Hospice in our home.    He DID NOT watt to go to a
Nursing Home.    He wants to be at home with me.
> The Hospice nurse is coming today to start the ball rolling.    They said
he could have from 6 months to 2 years.
> It just broke his spirit.
> He’s scared and worried about the thought of dying, and how I’ll manage
when he’s gone.
> I am trying to tell him tnotto worry and take it one day at a time.
Please pray that at this difficult time for Tom  and myself will go as
smoothly as possible.
> I know you guys are here for me, if I need anything, and that’s
comforting to know.    Right now, I am concentrating on Tom and making him
comfortable.
> We don’t have to stay with Hospice if we don’t like it.  there’s no
binding  contract or anything.
> Has anyone experienced Hospice for their loved one?    I don’t understand
why they don’t want him to take any of his many many pills anymore except
the comforting ones.  Like for pain or allergies etc.    If he stops all
his meds, won’t that speed up the process of him going sooner?    I have to
confirm that with the nurse today.
> I hope I can endure and have the strength to handle  our future.
> I am still in shock and numb with this news.
> Thank you all for listening.  I appreciate you all, and am glad I found
the NFBI.
> Sincerely,
> Linda
IL-Talk: