[il-talk] Great news!

Steve Hastalis steve.hastalis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 18:19:39 UTC 2017

Hi, Leslie

Congratulations and good luck!  I have had both experiences, as a blind
musician.  Some conductors have rejected me out of hand because I could not
"See the stick," that is, the conductor's baton.  Others, such as my current
choir director, my jazz band conductor, and the conductor of a community
symphony orchestra in Western Springs years ago, welcomed me.

Cordially, Stee Hastalis