[il-talk] where do I report an Uber upset?

Pam Berman pamelacberman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:21:58 UTC 2017

Thank you Leslie & Melissa. I did report what happened on the Uber app & a representative phoned me yesterday morning. So, I was left feeling good about the quick response to my complaint. At the end of our recorded (by them with my approval) phone conversation I was told that they would be back in contact with me in a weeks time after their investigation. This is where I'm not so thrilled with them. I received an email from James, the representative that I spoke with less than an hour before this email hit my inbox, telling me
"At the conclusion of our investigation, the partner you reported on 10/16/17 has been provided with additional information regarding legal obligations and their Uber account has been reactivated. They have confirmed that they understand their legal obligations. Should we receive a second report of this nature, their account may be subject to permanent deactivation."

I also received an email from someone at Tim Elders office wanting to investigate what happened & I'm happy about that.
Thanks for your help,
Pam