[il-talk] had first rehearsal with the symphony

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 06:00:06 UTC 2018

hi to my federation family.  First of all, I want to thank everybody who supported me when I auditioned for the Elmhurst symphony. And I had my first rehearsal tonight it was great. I don’t know how to explain it but I feel like a part of me has been reawakened.  A part of me that for years I had resigned myself to thinking it would never happen after college. The conductor even told me afterwards that it seemed like I did very well tonight. And he’s a guy that doesn’t pull any punches. He tells it how it is. he even took passages up the temple during rehearsal. He probably anticipated that those passages were going to be a train wreck, but by doing it up to tempo it gives us a better idea of what to aim for.  by the way, I have two concerts in March: March 10 and March 11. On March 10 the concert is in Chicago at 1080 W. Roosevelt Rd. The name of the place is holy family Catholic Church. The time is 7:30 PM. The March 11 concert is located at Elmhurst Christian reformed church which is at 145   Brushhill  Rd. That concert is at 3 PM. I’ll send out more information about tickets and what not. it would be great if y’all could come. I probably should sign off because it’s getting late. I am looking forward to next weeks rehearsal.
Leslie

Sent from my iPhone