[il-talk] Question About Google Chrome

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:38:05 UTC 2019

I find myself in the identical position as Linda Hendle. I just got a new computer, and I was using Internet Explorer and Windows Live Mail (Outlook Express). Although I've used that browser and email client for the last 20 years, I decided I needed to update on my new laptop.

I need confirmation about how Google Chrome works with JAWS. As I recall, maybe three years ago, Chrome and JAWS did not work well together. In fact, when Windows 10 first came out, Henter-Joyce directed JAWS users to use Internet Explorer.

So, I ask the question: are you that say Chrome works well, are you using JAWS? I am totally blind and use JAWS exclusively. I can't use magnification, and I can't use any residual vision. Please confirm that if you say Chrome works well, you are using JAWS.

Thanks much,
Robert Gardner