[IL-Talk] Inaccessible IDES Website

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Fri Jun 19 15:11:37 UTC 2020

HI All,

I filed for unemployment over the phone and couldn't create my own password.
The site is completely inaccessible.  I'm an accessibility tester and found
all kinds of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 violations.  The site has an
accessibility statement but it references some state law for accessibility
I've never heard of.  I take accessibility statements with a grain of salt
anyway.

Do any of you have any suggestions?  I think this is an important issue
because this is a government entity.  If someone in the unemployment office
suggested I get a sighted person to help that's not acceptable.  Chris is
busy today and I shouldn't have to use up my Aira minutes just to use a
website.  I have a right to privacy.

Thanks,

Dan