[IL-Talk] Great convention

Patrick Olson olsonp33 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:38:21 UTC 2020

I completely agree that this was a great convention. I enjoyed the
discussion of the NFB philosophy, talking with the exhibitors, learning
about Independence Science since I didn't know about their organization,
and as always, we had a great banquet speech. I enjoyed the metaphor of the
farmer's wife planting bamboo to make money and for those five long years
being made fun of until it bloomed. I think it's something everyone can
take into our lives and know that though it may take a while, large changes
can be on there way.
     Now I would like to share a couple things that could be improved in
case we remain virtual for the future. Granted, they may just be technical
problems that can't be fixed.
1. Unmuting: I completely understand the need for everyone not speaking to
be muted. I know a couple people had a problem when they tried to unmute.
By phone, my mother when trying to unmute when allowed to unmute, she kept
being told she couldn't unmute. A friend on the iPhone app after being
allowed to unmute by raising her hand had her audio disconnected when she
was allowed to unmute.
2. For those speakers with video, I wish their video was full screen.
Granted, I have vision & I appreciated seeing a full screen view of
speakers at the national convention. At least on Saturday & Sunday, it
wasn't like that.
    If others didn't experience this, then it's operator error and my bad.

Sincerely,
     Patrick Olson

--
Sincerely,