[IL-Talk] GPS apps for the blind hello. I have low partial eyesight. I want to do more walking around in the town is 25, 000. I am looking for recommendations on a GPS app that works for whoever wants to give advice. Thank you.

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Fri Apr 16 15:30:14 UTC 2021

Hi Todd,

A source of good information about apps which are accessible is the website
www.applevis.com. There is a forum where users can ask questions as well as
blog posts, articles, and links to other sites with useful information. When
you get a GPS app make sure it is compatible with the model of phone you
have. You may have to do some research. As Patti indicated, GPS isn't a
substitute for a cane. A cane is a great low-tech mobility aid and will
always be relevant.

Thanks,
Dan