[IL-Talk] Protect Chicago + Vaccine Access in Chicago Neighborhoods

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Mon Feb 22 23:28:17 UTC 2021

FYI

--
Marilyn Green, President
312-343-8396
www.nfbofillinois.org

Hi all -

The City has launched Protect Chicago+, our targeted vaccine
distribution program designed to ensure the vaccine reaches
individuals and communities most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program targets 15 high-need communities based on the City's
vulnerability index to ensure that a significant part of the City's
vaccine supply goes to these communities.

We are already seeing measurable results using this equity framework,
and want to continue to make progress:

1 out of 4 Chicagoans over the age of 65 have been vaccinated:

  *   1 out of 5 of our Latinx seniors
  *   1 out of 5 of our Black seniors
  *   1 out of 6 of our Asian seniors
  *   1 out of 4 of our White seniors.
We are seeing the results of our equity-based strategies when we look
at vaccination rates overall.

  *   1 in 9 Chicagoans has had their 1st dose

     *   1 in 16 Latinx Chicagoans (up from 1/25)
     *   1 in 15 Black Chicagoans (up from 1/23)
     *   1 in 11 Asian Chicagoans (up from 1/12)
     *   1 in 8 White Chicagoans (up  from 1/10)

  *   51% of those vaccinated last week were Black and/or Latinx

Information on Protect Chicago + can be found here:
https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/protect-chicago.html<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicago.gov%2Fcity%2Fen%2Fsites%2Fcovid-19%2Fhome%2Fprotect-chicago.html&data=04%7C01%7Caserpe%40transitchicago.com%7Ccd62da6f23614eb5a00608d8d7612a3c%7C6174173c95354211a564c3c1c562dd6e%7C0%7C0%7C637496159647053651%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=IRoxU16LaFTcE2X3vxSrJasJO8ApZU6vT51xsSASiRA%3D&reserved=0>
 The schedule for availability in specific neighborhoods is:

  *   Belmont Cragin (early February)
  *   Little Village, Gage Park, North Lawndale (mid-February)
  *   Montclare, Englewood, West Englewood (mid to late February)
  *   Austin, Back of the Yards, Archer Heights (early March)
  *   Roseland, Washington Heights, South Deering (mid-March)
  *   Humboldt Park, Chicago Lawn (late March)

Vaccination sites are now available in Belmont Cragin, Gage Park,
Little Village and North Lawndale, and open to residents who live in
these respective neighborhoods.  Please see attached flyers for
vaccine sites in: Belmont Cragin, Gage Park, Little Village and North
Lawndale.

Please reach out to any clients and partners who reside in these
neighborhoods and let them know they can make an appointment to get
the vaccine.  No identification or health insurance is required, only
that they reside in that neighborhood.  Please use any available data
you have to reach out to any clients and partners who reside in these
neighborhoods, and share this information with them.  We want to make
every effort to share this information with people with disabilities,
using targeted outreach with individuals and known partners.   Please
report back to me on the total number of those you are able to reach
out to, for data tracking purposes.

I will continue to share information as the additional vaccine sites
are set up, and also on information about the City employee
vaccination process, which is a separate vaccination effort.  Thank
you for working with your units on this outreach effort.