[IL-Talk] Essence violating ADA

Lewis lewislwood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 20:14:49 UTC 2021

I just found out that my glucose test strips are not covered.  However, test
strips by Contour for the Next meters are covered.  Problem is the Contour
Next Meters are not accessible.  I contacted Contour and they flat out told
me that none of their meters are accessible to the blind.  Yet my insurance
wants me to switch to them or I have to pay for them.

I told them this is a clear ADA violation.  Being blind we already waste 1
out of 5 test strips for not finding blood .  Now they are forcing blind
people to shoulder the burden while sighted are fully covered.

Essence Insurance

314) 209-2800

Feel free to call Essence and give them a piece of your mind.

Lewis Wood