[IL-Talk] FW: [NFBMN-News] Presentation on New Features of IOS 16 by Chris Murphy

Robert rgardner4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 21:08:18 UTC 2022

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMN-News <nfbmn-news-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Steve Jacobson via NFBMN-News
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2022 8:36 AM
To: 'nfbmn News' <nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [NFBMN-News] Presentation on New Features of IOS 16 by Chris Murphy

All,

We receive a lot of notifications of various kinds of training, and I try not to forward too many announcements to keep the number of messages coming through this list manageable.  However, this announcement from the Accessibility Working Group of Downstate New York is for a presentation on the new features of IOS 16 which is coming out soon for the iPhone.  I do not know anything about that group, however it is being presented by Chris Murphy who is an officer in our River Bend chapter.  Please note that registration is required.  Here is the information:

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 AT 7PM EASTERN, 6PM CENTRAL, 5PM MOUNTAIN, AND 4PM PACIFIC: NEW FEATURES AND ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS IN IOS16!

The latest version of the very popular apple iPhone operating system, iOS16, is due to be released following the next Apple event. Our own Christopher Murphy, a certified assistive technology instructor, as you covered! He'll explain the new features, accessibility improvements, and any bugs that may still be present. We hope you will join us for this very informative presentation. Come with questions!

Topics to be covered:

1. New features from a Voiceover standpoint.

2. New features from the perspective of a voice control user.

3. Accessibility improvements in all areas

This event is brought to you by the Accessibility Working Group of Downstate New York ADAPT. You must register for this event. The event will also be streamed on Facebook Live, and uploaded to YouTube. Please feel free to share on your organization's website, Facebook page, or YouTube channel! If you have any questions, or require assistance registering, please contact one of the Accessibility Working Group co-coordinators. Brandon heinrich (917) 590-2944x100, Chris murphy at (917) 590-2944x101 Gina Barbara (917) 590-2944x103, Marilyn Tucci (917) 590-2944x110, Michelle Sabatino (917) 590-2944x111, or Justin Ainsworth (917) 590-2944x113.

What: NEW FEATURES AND ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS IN IOS16

When: Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 7PM eastern, 6PM central, 5PM Mountain, and 4PM Pacific.

Where: zoom (Register below)

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ldO-trTMuGt2a-JW9n2YZTWJB61qdtrjd <https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ldO-trTMuGt2a-JW9n2YZTWJB61qdtrjd>

We hope to see you all there!