[IL-Talk] IL Accessible Vote by Mail Experience

davant1958 at gmail.com davant1958 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:57:38 UTC 2022

Good Morning All,

The Illinois Board of Elections provided an option for election authorities
to opt into a system for Accessible Vote by Mail as an option for the 2020
general election and the 2022 primary. Beginning with this year's general
election, every election authority will have to provide electronic ballot
delivery. This means you can request an absentee ballot to be delivered to
you electronically so that you can use your screen reader or Braille display
to complete your ballot. You now have the same option to vote absentee as
all other voters.

I made the following request at our state board meeting in August: If you
live outside of Cook County and used the electronic ballot delivery system,
could you please share your experience using the system. Did you find it
easy to use? Were there any points where the system was difficult to use?

If you did not use the system, is there a reason for not using the system?

We are gathering this information to find out any potential problems we need
to address for future elections.

You can email me at davant1958 at gmail.com <mailto:davant1958 at gmail.com>  with
your responses.

Thank you.