[IL-Talk] Where do people get a license to put their hands on us?

David Meyer datemeyer at mysero.net
Wed Sep 28 02:30:50 UTC 2022

I was not going to weigh in on this thread, but I can't resist. I had
just turned 20 and was going home from an NFB of minnesota meeting..
While waiting on a stoplight, a man, (I can't call him a gentleman,)
who was obviously intoxicated grabbed me hard and slurred his offfer to
help me across the street. The light turned in our favor and we began
what could have been a treturous journey. At that time, lights were
timed in Minneapolis. If you had a clear signal, you knew you had about
30 seconds to cross. I counted seconds as we staggered in the street.
What to do? I got to 25 and figured I was about half way across. I
decided to speed up and if he kept up, that was fine. He didn't, and as
I established some distance, I heard a slue of invectives that might
have made some soldiers and sailors wince.