[IL-Talk] 2023 Committee List

president at nfbofillinois.org president at nfbofillinois.org
Sun Jan 1 15:06:27 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

Here is the 2023 committee list. Please see below.

To: All Members of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

From: Marilyn Green

President, National Federation Of The Blind Of Illinois

January 1, 2023

This is our most up-to-date committee list.

*If you wish to be added to or deleted from  a

committee, or if I inadvertently added or left yours or someone  else's name

off one of our committees,  please let me know. My direct e-mail address is

president at nfbofillinois.org <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org>

<mailto:

president at nfbofillinois.org <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org> >

. Thanks to all of the

chair persons and members for your work on our various committees in 2022.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated by your State President, Marilyn
Green

, and the Board of Directors of NFBI.

*** Based on our protocols, please take note of the following:

***  All committee meetings are open, except for Freedom Link,

Chappell-Dennis, and state scholarship.

*** Notices of meetings should be e-mailed to our general membership and

student listservs.

***  Notes should be taken at every meeting.

*** Please note that as of December 9, 2019, the NFBI Board of directors

passed a resolution amending the protocols to make  all programming reports

due by February 15. This starts in 2021.

*** I would also recommend that the chairs hold at least one meeting with

your committee members to get to know them, and what they can do to help

serve the committee and NFBI. Please hold other meetings as you deem

necessary to the functioning of your committee.

2023 National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Committee Appointments:

Amended and updated January 1, 2023.

COMMITTEES

XXX Advocacy Committee

Chair Michal Nowicki, Co-chair Denise Avant

Members: Debbie Stein, David Meyer, Debbie Pittman,

Linda Hendle, Cathy Randall, Kira O'Bradovich, Ken Borst and Marilyn Green

                                         XXX Bell Committee

This committee will work with our national office to plan for our Bell 2022
programs and figure out how to tie it in with our conventions, and other
related seminars, as well as our Freedom Link program.

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Bill Reif, Steve Hastalis,  Amy

Lund, Denise Avant, Paula Sprecher, Cathy Randall,  Sarah Luna, Emma Meyer,
Julietta Meyer, Katie   Leinum, Ellen Bartelt

XXX Braille Literacy Initiative

Chair: Robert Gardner

Members: Debbie Stein, Linda Hendle (LIFE Group Chair), Debbie Pittman, Bill

Reif,  Pam Provost, And Patrick Olson

XXX Chappell-Dennis  Award Committee

(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding and

selecting people to

attend NFB events.)

(This is our only committee where the membership remains anonymous.)

XXX Development Committee

(Prepares and submits grant proposals.  Sends out annual appeal letters.

Handles things like our

letter to estates attorneys.)

Chair: Cathy Randall

Members: Patti Chang,

Grants: Denise Avant,  Debbie Stein, Marilyn Green, and Bill Reif

XXX Diversity and Inclusion

Responsible for developing programming for the affiliate that promotes the
inclusion of people from diverse populations.

Co-chairs: Denise Avant and Sara Luna

Members: Ellen Bartelt, Ken Borst, Bridgid Burke, Natalie Shaheen, Juliette
Walker and Howard Wilson

XXX Door Prizes

Chair: TBD

Members: Pam Gillmore, Nancy Gardner, Bill Reif, David Meyer, Glenn Moore,

Marco  Giannotti, Ed Birmingham, and Mary Grunwald

XXX Freedom Link 2.0

(Transitions Club Committee for junior high and high school blind teenagers)

Chair:  Debbie Stein and co-chair Teresa Fabre

Coordinator: David Meyer

Members: Sarah Luna and Dustin Cather

XXX Budget Committee

(Responsible for putting together an annual budget for presentation to the

board.)

Chair: Michal Nowicki, treasurer

Members: Patti Chang, Denise Avant, Cathy Randall, Marilyn Green,

Debbie Stein and Marilyn Green

XXX Guide Dog

Chair: Bill Reif

Members: Leslie Hamric

xxx ISVI

(Deals with the school for the blind and its issues.)

Chair: Bill Reif

Members:  Charlene Elder, Cathy Randall, Dave Meyer, Natalio Abar and Debbie
Stein

XXX State Legislation- Committee

(Responsible for State Legislative action.)

Co-chairs: Bill Reif and Dave Meyer

Members: Jemal Powell,  Leslie Hamric, Debbie Stein, Mary Grunwald, Steve

Hastalis, Marco Giannotti, Julietta Meyer, Dustin Cather,  Marilyn Green,

Kira O'Bradovich, Robert Gardner, Michal Nowicki, Patti Chang, and Charlene

Elder

XXX Federal Legislation

(Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action.)
Co-Chairs:

Dustin Cather and Denise Avant

Members: Robert Gardner, Ellen Bartelt, David Meyer, Jemal Powell, Lois
Montgomery, Kira O'Bradovich, Michal

Nowicki, Charlene Elder,  Emma Meyer, Julietta Meyer, Steve Hastalis, Patti
Chang, Leslie Hamric, Lewis Wood, Mary Grunwald, Bill Reif,

Nelly Gamino, Liza Jager, Juliet Walker, Giovanni Francese, Marilyn Green
and Glenn Moore

XXX Parent Committee

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Marilyn Green, Juliette Walker and Julietta Meyer

XXX PR/Social Media Committee

Chair: Debbie Stein

Members: Glenn Moore, Robert Hansen, Linda Hendle, Patti Chang, Emma Meyer,

Denise Avant and Sara Luna

XXX Resolutions Committee

(Responsible for reviewing and recommending "do Pass"  or "do not pass" to

the convention.)

2022-23

Chair: Michal Nowicki, Co-chair Dustin Cather

Members: Bill Reif,  David Meyer, Debbie Stein, Jemal Powell, Patti Chang,

Mary Grunwald,  Kira O'Bradovich, Juliette Walker, Marilyn Green Ellen
Bartelt, and Steve

Hastalis,

XXX Membership Committee

(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and

building new

members.

Co-chairs:  Dustin Cather and Glenn Moore

Members: David Meyer, Brian Sumner, Jean Rauschenbach, Pat Olson, Marilyn

Green, Robert Gardner, Bill Reif, Edward Birmingham, Cathy Randall, Bridgid
Burke, Ken Borst, Natalie Shaheen, Howard Wilson, Juliette Walker, Ellen
Bartelt, Linda Hendle

XXX Sales and Fundraising Committee

(Responsible for researching sales items and other fundraising ideas, e.g.

Amazon Smile, appeal letters)

Chair: TBD

Members: Giovanni Francese, Ellen Bartelt, David Meyer, Mary Grunwald,

Bridgid Burke, Alisa Gray, Debbie Stein and Marilyn Green.

xxx State Scholarship Committee

(Decides state scholarship candidates and internships.  Mentors those

persons at convention and

throughout the year.)

Chair: Debbie Stein Co-chair: Patti Chang

Members: Juliette Walker,  Dustin Cather,

David Meyer, Kira O'Bradovich, Bridgid Burke, Denise Avant

xxx Special Events Committee

(Plans and carries out all aspects of our spring seminars and conventions

except for press, sends out convention bulletin, and plans face-to-face
board meetings.)

Co-chairs: Patti Chang, and  Jemal Powell

Members: Denise Avant, Pam Gillmore, Nancy Gardner, Pat Olson,  Michal

Nowicki, Roberta Reif, Marco Giannotti (sound at Convention), Mary Grunwald,

Glenn Moore, Francisco Chang, David Meyer, Brian Mackey,  (webmaster),

Robert Gardner, Dustin Cather and Teresa Fabre (IABS President)

XXX Transportation Committee

Represent NFBI when dealing with transportation issues with both mainline

and paratransit

issues

Co-chair Steve Hastalis and Jemal Powell

Members:Debbie Pittman,  Kelly Pierce, Michal Nowicki, Sara Luna, Kira
O'Bradovich and Ken Borst

XXX Webpage Committee

(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will

design, and

implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the webmaster in a

timely fashion.)

Chair: Dan Tevalde

Members: Christopher Milsap, Glenn Moore,  Brian Mackey,  and

Marco Giannotti

NFB National LIAISON APPOINTMENTS

XXX Public Relations

Debbie Stein

XXX Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator

Debbie Stein

XXX Rideshare  (Uber and LYFT Testing)

Leslie Hamric

XXX Newsline Coordinator

David Meyer

XXX GOVERNMENT ADVISORY PANEL APPOINTMENTS

XXX Blind Services Planning Council

NFBI Representatives: Dan Tevelde

XXX NFB Vehicle Donation

Robert Hansen

XXX OTHER

XXX Pace Suburban ADA Advisory Committee

Jemal Powell

Marilyn Green, President

312-343-8396

president at nfbofillinois.org <mailto:president at nfbofillinois.org>

www.nfbofillinois.org <http://www.nfbofillinois.org/>

Live the life you want!

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is a community of members
and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every
day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.s