[IL-Talk] CCWF - All Abilities Parenting Program Materials

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Jun 16 01:38:38 UTC 2023

The Changing Children’s Worlds Foundation has reached out to us and asked us to share information about their program. Please pass this information along to anyone who may be interested. They work with families where parents and/or children have any form of disability.

Debbie S.

The Changing Children’s Worlds Foundation will be hosting our third virtual “Best Start for Families-Parents of All Abilities” parenting program.  This is a universal program which strengthens families’ communications and relationships, supporting strong and happy children.

We encourage you to invite parents within your networks to join this next All Abilities Program.  This program is especially aimed to address the needs of parents with disabilities or who have children with a disability. The program consists of 12 weeks and it will begin June 13 through early September 2023.  The timing is 5:45-7:15pm every Tuesday. It is a program free of charge, except for a $40 fee for the cost of the Caregiver Handbook and Children’s SEL Activity Booklet, plus shipping and handling fee.

During the program, we will cover social emotional learning, especially addressing how parents can build trust, communications and relationships to support their children’s positive development.  This program will have facilitators with disabilities and with children with disabilities, and will be especially engaged in addressing how families can effectively identify and access community resources. By participating in this program, parents will share experiences with other parents that are undergoing similar challenges and support each other.

We have previously partnered with schools, mental health and social service agencies, and other community organizations to bring this program to all families.

If you are interested in signing up or know of any parents that might benefit from this program, please share this flyer with them.

If you have any questions or want to register for this program, please contact:

Maryam Ebadi

 <mailto:maryam at changingchildrenworlds.org> maryam at changingchildrensworlds.org

630/776-9767

Kimberly Svevo-Cianci, Ph.D.