[IL-Talk] 2023 National Convention social and caucus

Marilyn Green president at nfbofillinois.org
Mon Jun 26 15:50:12 UTC 2023

Greetings fellow federationists,

In just a few short days we will gather in Houston for our national
convention. The plan for the Illinois caucus and social were discussed
at the affiliate board meeting on June 19 but for those who were not
at the meeting but plan to attend the in-person convention, here are a
few logistics:

1. The Illinois caucus is Monday, July 3 at 7:00am in Lanier 342.
Please plan to be in the room as we will cover some convention
logistics and those who have purchased banquet tickets and would like
to sit with Illinois will turn in their banquet ticket.
2. Michelle Ault and Francisco Chang have graciously agreed to
exchange our banquet tickets. Please bring your banquet ticket to the
caucus and be prepared to let Michelle and/or Francisco know if you
have dietary restrictions for your meal. It is important that you
bring the ticket to the caucus, as Michelle and Francisco will not
have the bandwidth to locate each individual. When the tickets have
been exchanged and we have tables, Michelle and/or Francisco will
distribute tickets or give them to me, as I will be centrally located
under the Illinois flag.
3. We will have a social at 9:30pm on Sunday, July 2. The location is
TBD but please reply to me off list or text me if you are interested
in attending.

That is all that I recall from the meeting. Please reach out if you
have questions. Otherwise, I will see you in Houston. Safe travels to
all!

--
Marilyn Green, President
312-343-8396
president at nfbofillinois.org
www.nfbofillinois.org
Live the life you want!

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the
nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live
the lives they want.