[Jayhawk-chapter] several items of local news, buses, buses, and library

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Thu Jul 29 21:52:49 UTC 2010

Friends,
In August several major changes go into effect
for the lawrence transit bus routes.
see:
www.lawrencetransit.org
every route has some changes, two routes cease to
exist,  and two new routes are begun.  Route 3
that covers from downtown to the hospital and
beyond out to northwest Lawrence such as Berry
Plastics, will become demand response between
9a.m. and 3p.m. beyond the hospital.  that means
if you want to be picked up or dropped off  in
that part of town by a bus you must phone ahead.
  also please see the news release below because
the downtown bus stops will be moved for construction.

and, our Lawrence Public Library now has books
for patrons to borrow which are on disk, in the
DAISY format.   this is very cool.  I do not know
how many of these they have.
jc