[Jayhawk-chapter] (no subject)

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 11 04:04:24 UTC 2010

Hello, Everyone:

All Board members were present at the meeting:  James Canaday, Rob Tabor,
Brendy Latare and Bob Fuller. Susan Tabor was present as the nut lady. I
will endeavor here to clearly and succinctly note the details of the board
meeting earlier this evening:

*  Yes, we will be selling nuts this fall. We are going to do business with
Farmstead Treats, the company out of Overland Park. We will sell about ten
kinds of nuts and five other treats. Brendy and Susan will meet this week to
make further decisions about exactly what to sell and will also discuss
details on pricing. They will also include Sidney Roedel in this
collaboration if she returns from her travels in time and can be involved.

*  The company does do a pay-as-you-sell option. We decided to order
inventory to have on hand to sell on demand for events like our outside
events during Meet The Blind month in October, at the walk on November 12
and possibly at the hotel during Convention. Susan will talk with the
company again to inquire about the sulfate agent used in preserving and also
to get more details concerning the pay-as-you-sell; e.g., could we make
another order if we were ready to do so before we'd paid for the inventory,
especially if we had money in hand for the new order.

*  The Board decided that during the outdoor events we would forego the sale
of chocolate-covered items.

Jim will check with the City and the bank concerning permits for sales,
along with from whom and when they need to be obtained. Rob will contact the
hotel to check to see if we can sell for our nut fundraiser during the
convention there.

Susan will provide sales information in Braille to our members who use
Braille at next Saturday's chapter  meeting. See you all there!

Respectfully Submitted:

Susan Tabor