[Jayhawk-chapter] Upcoming MTBM Events - Save Those Dates!

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 2 14:47:55 UTC 2014

Hello Jayhawk Federationists,

Summer has come to an end, but things are heating up here in the NFB at all
organizing levels. So here is the list and other pertinent information
regarding local activities we have planned for our Meet The Blind Month
(MTBM) public education campaign.

Oct. 7, 2014, 6:35pm, City Hall, 6 East Sixth Street, Presentation to
Lawrence City Comission meeting of our Mayoral proclamation of Meet the
Blind Month and White Cane Safety Day (10/15).

The Lawrence City Commission meeting will be telecast on WOW Broadband Cable
Channel 25. If you do not subscribe to WOW! Broadband cable TV or you are
unable to catch the event live you can view the meeting in the archives of
the City website which is found at http://www.lawrenceks.org.

Oct 10, 2014, 8:15am. Rob and Renee will be interviewed by Lawrence long
time broadcasting veteran Hank Booth during his daily morning show "For The
Record." We will present some basic information about the philosophy and
work of NFB, promote the MTBM informational tabling event (listed below),
and will promote our upcoming state convention to be held at the Lawrence
Holiday Inn and Convention Center from November 21-23. We invite you to tune
in live for the interview at 1320 on your AM radio dial or listen online at
http://www.klwn.com/.

10/11/2014, 9:00am to 4:00pm, MTBM Informational Table in the front
courtyard of US Bank at the Southeast corner of Ninth and Massachusetts
streets. Volition, a local oldies and party combo band, will play a mix of
familiar and not so familiar tunes from 1:00pm to 3:00pm. A free will
donation container will be provided to encourage passers by to drop a
greenback or 2 or 3 or.. Please cross all appendages for cooperation from Ma
Nature herself, so whatever you do, don't make her angry by trying to fool
her with bad margarine instead of her natural creamy butter. <lol>

Again, I encourage you to come if you can to both the City Commission
meeting and the tabling event when we need all the help we can muster to
hand out imformative literature about the innate normality of blind people
so we can inform and educate everyone in earshot.

Make it a great week and best regards,

Rob