[Jayhawk-chapter] Let's Meet The New City Comission

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 13:11:46 UTC 2015

Dear fellow Jayhawk Federationists,

You are most likely aware that Lawrence has a newly elected city commission
with 3 of its 5 members being newly elected on April 7. The inaugural
meeting of the new city commission will take place at City Hall, #6 East
Sixth, on April 14, commencing at 5:45pm.

Below my close and name block you will find the relevant portion of the
Lawrence City Commission agenda. I think it would be a very good idea for as
many of us as possible to attend the meeting and to introduce ourselves to
the commissioners during the reception which takes place during the brief 20
minute recess before the new commissioner orientation cession. This is a
very good way of helping our chapter to be more visible at City Hall so the
commissioners will recognize us when we pay a visit to the commission in the
near future, whether it be for a weekly regular business meeting, a study
session, or one-to-one sessions with a specific commissioner. Key city staff
members will be on hand as well, and it will also be good for us to make
their acquaintance.

So let's give this some very serious thought and I hope to see you there.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor | president Jayhawk Chapter NFB of Kansas

Forwarded message follows

First on the agenda for April 14, Mayor Mike Amyx will present his 2015
State of the City Address.  After the address, the City Commission will
complete the transition process from the current City Commission to the
swearing in of newly elected City Commissioners.  A new Mayor will be
selected as well as a new Vice-Mayor.  After the new leadership roles are
complete, the City Commissioners will provide their comments and then recess
for 20 minutes for a brief reception at City Hall honoring current and newly
elected officials.

After the recess, the City Attorney's Office will provide the City
Commission with an orientation session including information on the Kansas
Open Meetings Act and other items for consideration by the elected
officials.

Find the full agenda, and supporting materials, are online at
www.lawrenceks.org/agendas.

###