[Jayhawk-chapter] August Meeting Reminder and Agenda

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 19 15:08:18 UTC 2016

Greetings fellow Jayhawk Federationists,

I hope everyonehas had an enjoyable summer and has managed to keep cool
while indoors and that you are catching as many sun rays as you desire. In
any case, it is time to get back to work with the business of endeavoring to
help ourselves and our fellow blind colleagues to live the lives we want
through the activities of the Federation. We hope you can all join us in our
Auguest chapter meeting tomorrow from 1:00-3:00pm at the Lawrence Public
Library at 707 Vermont. We will meet in Conference Room C in the basement.

For your convenience the agenda is posted below and is also in the attached
MS-Word file. I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor | president Jayhawk Chapter National federation of the Blind of
Kansas

NFB of KANSAS JAYHAWK CHAPTER

MEETING AGENDA FOR August 20, 2016

Time:          1:00pm - 3:00pm

Location:  Lawrence Public Library, Room C, 707 Vermont Street, Lawrence

1.     Call to order, welcome and introductions (If guests present)

2.     Review/modification of meeting agenda

3.     presidential Release No. 452 by Dr. Mark Riccobono, National
President

4.     State and Chapter reports, Rob

5.     Approve minutes for May, 2016

6.     Chapter treasurer's report, Ron

7.     Fund-raising

(a)  Clean Start Soap project update, Cheryl w/Jim & Rob

(b) Tactile Arts Show planning update, Renee, Susan, and Jim

(c)  Freddy's Percentage Night fundraiser (9/7/16) update Rob

8.     NFB 2016 National Convention, Rob, Brendy, and Dustin

9.     Meet The Blind Month (October) planning, all

10. Nominating committee appointments for election of chapter officers, Rob

11. Trip to Kansas State House to investigate accessibility of visitor's
Center Kiosks, Rob

12. Other old business

13. Other new Business

Next meeting, Saturday, September 17, 2016, Lawrence Public Library, 707
Vermont, meting room B

###