[Jayhawk-chapter] Final Report from Jayhawk NFB 2018 Bracket Challenge

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 17:18:43 UTC 2018

Hello Fellow Jayhawk Federationists and NCAA poolers,

Congrats to the Villa-supernova Wildcats who won the 2018 NCAA men's
basketball championship in grand style by beating Michigan 79-62 last night.
We also have 2 champions to tell you about in our fourth annual Jayhawk NFB
bracket Challenge fundraiser. Susan Tabor is the champion with 251 points
and 35 correct picks. Stacey G, recruited by yours truly, comes in second
with 34 correct picks and 231 points. Joe K, recruited by Ron Miller, takes
third place with 38 correct picks and 220 points. Renee Morgan comes in at
number 4 with 38 correct picks and 209 points. Rounding out the top 5 is
Brent C with 36 picks and 192 points.

It is interesting to note that Susan and Stacey had a common stragegy of
picking several Catholic schools to upset higher seded teams, so, very
nicely done ladies! Those Catholic schools really love their hoops, jjust as
we love our Jayhawk hoops.

The second champion for recruiting outside pool members is Ron Miller with 3
recruits. Susan and Ron each win a $50 gift certificate from the Salty
Iguana Mexican food restaurants. I don't know what plans Susan has for her
SI gift card, but there is a certain grey-haired dude who hopes she will
treat him to lunch or dinner, LOL but she may have another friend in mind.

As mentioned in my first summary, we had 8 pool participants this year,
suggesting a total of $40 raised. If you didn't participate this year but
would like to donate to the cause, your contribution of any amount will be
greatly appreciated and well utilized.

Finally, our next regular chapter business meting is scheduled for Saturday,
April 21 at the Lawrence Douglas County Public Library. Please remember to
bring your money to hand over to Brendy or to myself if Brendy is unable to
attend.

I hope you all had fun watching this wild and amazing college basketball
tournament. Hopefully our beloved Kansas Jayhawks will go even further next
year.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor Jayhawk Chapter president

National Federation of the Blind of Kansas

(785) 865-9959