[Jayhawk-chapter] Notice of April Meeting with Attached Agenda

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 18 18:37:21 UTC 2018

Greetings Jayhawk Federation family,

I hope you all can make it to our regular chapter meeting this coming
Saturday at 10:00am at the Lawrence Public Library in Room A in the
downstairs area. A conference call in lieu of a face to face meeting is
possible in case of inclement weather, which is quite an unsettling thing to
have to consider in mid AApril. So be sure to watch your inbox and look for
a phone call from an officer in case the weather turns for the worst. If
mother nature cooperates with us and we get to convene at the library,
please bring any money you have contributed and collected from others who
participated in the 2018 chapter NCAA basketball tournament challenge.

Last but not least, our very own Renee Morgan will be our featured program
speaker to tell us about her new job at Willow Domestic Violence Counseling
and service center. For your convenience the agenda is pasted below and is
also attached as are the draft minutes from our March meeting. Have a
wonderful week and we hope to see you on Saturday.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor president Jayhawk Chapter National Federation of the Blind of
Kansas

(785) 865-9959

NFB of KANSAS JAYHAWK CHAPTER

MEETING AGENDA FOR April 21, 2018

Time:          10:00am - 12:00pm

Location:  Room A, Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont Street, Lawrence

1.     Call to order, welcome and introductions (If guests present)

2.     Review/modification of meeting agenda

3.     Presidential Release No. 471 by Dr. Mark A Riccobono, National
President

4.     Chapter president's and state  reports, Rob

5.     Approve minutes for March, 2018

6.     Chapter treasurer's report, Brendy

7.     Spring fundraising updates,

(a)  NCAA basketball tournament pool, Rob

(b) Freddy's Frozen Custards and Steakburgers giveback night, Rob

(c)  Trivia tournament fundraiser update, Renee, Susan and Rob

(d) The Merc Change for the Community request update, Renee

8.     Summer chapter social at Conroy's Pub, start time revisited, all

9.     NFB 2018 National Convention, review of procedure for requesting
financial assistance, Rob

10. Other old business

11. Other new Business

Program: The Blind Work In Our Community, Renee

--Adjournment

Next meeting Saturday, May 12, 2018, Room A, Lawrence Public Library,

707 Vermont Street, Lawrence, KS

OFFICIAL PLEDGE OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
Constitution.