[Jayhawk-chapter] Kansas NFB Family News, Jim Canaday passes

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 23 19:18:58 UTC 2019

Good afternoon Kansas Federation family,

We have just learned of the passing of James Harvey "Jim" Canaday of
Lawrence. Jim, along with his former wife Lynda Anders, were co-founders of
the Jayhawk chapter as now constituted. Jim is also a former member of the
board of NFB of Kansas. He died a few days ago of congestive heart failure
while en route via ambuance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Funeral
arrangements are being handled by Rumsey Yost Funeral Home, and services are
set for Sunday at 1:30pm at North Lawrence Christian Church located at 647
Elm Street in Lawrence. Those of us in or near Lawrence are encouraged to
attend to express our support and give condolences to Lynda. No obituaries
have been posted thus far, but I will post it when it becomes available.

Best regards,

Rob Tabor | president Jayhawk Chapter National Federation of the Blind of
Kansas

(785) 865-9959

Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net