[Jayhawk-chapter] Jayhawk Chapter Minutes

Tamara Kearney tamara at gatetoserenity.com
Wed May 1 04:22:21 UTC 2019

Jayhawk Chapter Minutes

April 8, 2019

Call to Order 4:06 PM.

We listened to Presidential Release no. 482.

State Report: The board met yesterday. If you want to go to national convention, let Rob know by May 1st so he can get his list of recommended people to Tom Page by May 15th. This will enable Robert Fuller to get checks out to people who need them at the front end. The state board has allocated $1200 per person or $2000 per couple or family. This is subject to a $20,000 maximum. we'll need to take money for this out of our investment portfolio.

The board voted some funds for seniors to receive senior blindness training at either an NFB center or at Rocky Bottom.

The BELL program is tentatively scheduled for June 10-21 At the Kansas State School for the Blind. So far, we only have one student and no teacher so we might not have a BELL program this year. The BELL planning committee will be making a decision by May 30th about whether or not to go ahead with this.

Minutes: The minutes were approved as sent.

Treasurer’s Report: We have $1176.82.

Fund Raising: Only Rob and Susan participated in the NCAA tournament fund raiser. There were also some technical problems. Next year we will reevaluate this to see if there is any interest in doing it again.

Old Business: Rob asked who in our chapter want to go to national convention. Cheryl, Ron, Dustin and Della expressed an interest in going.

New Business: Tom Page has asked us to consider braille t-shirts with puff paint letters that say NFB in braille. The state affiliate will buy the t-shirts. We would wear them at NFB functions. After considerable discussion, we agreed to this.

Adjourned at 5:01 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Tamara Kearney, Secretary