[Jayhawk-Chapter] Senateville 276 passes Senate Committee

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 15:43:17 UTC 2022

Good morning Kansas Federation family, friends, and allies,

This morning the Senate Public health and welfare committee unanimously passed the above referenced bill, so it now moves to the full Senate for further consideration. An amendment was toffered by Senator Mark Steffen which one have the bill published in the Kansas register instead of the statute books. At this time we are researching whether this amendment will still give the bill the teeth that it needs and that we want it to have. At this time we believe the amendment will cause the bill to take effect sooner, but as I say, we are still in the process of getting that information verified.

In any event, our work is far from over, but we still have more momentum than we have ever had. We are still looking at the turnaround deadline of February 24, the date by which the bill must be acted upon by the Senate so that it can move to the house. On behalf of the state affiliate leader ship team I want to thank everyone who took the time to contact Senator Hilderbrand and ask him to move the bill through the committee. At thisAt this point we need to contact the senators who represent us and ask them to vote in favor of the bill when it comes up. Be sure to look for further notifications with further information that will tell us where to go from here.

Again, congratulations and thanks for helping us to move the bill through the legislative process.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net Your work has been well rewarded.