[Jayhawk-Chapter] Kansas State Senate update

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 22 00:25:31 UTC 2022

Good evening in Kansas Federation family, friends, and allies,

The Senate convened this afternoon but the session in the Senate chamber was very brief, being limited to various standing committee reports on several bills and some announcements. H however the Senate will convene tomorrow at 9:30 AM, which makes me anticipate that the senators will take action on a significant number of bills. I plan to monitor the floor session to see if our Blind parents rights bill (SB 276) is one of them. If you would like to listen to the live audio feed of the Senate session, go to the link shown below

http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00287/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220222/-1/14630?viewMode=1#handoutFile_

Meanwhile, you still have a chance to contact your senator as well as Senator Ty Masterson if you have not already done so. Some excellent appeal letters have been submitted thus far, and I think everyone who has taken the time to contact their senators. Happy writing, and rest assured I will update you as developments warrants.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Robb.tabor at sbcglobal.net